Here it is, my most complete and updated Ibiza guide where I am discovering you my favourite places you cannot miss in the most amazing island in the Mediterranean! The best Djs in the world, the most fabulous trendy restaurants, the top hidden beaches. Welcome to the island where anything is possible, where celebrities mix with hippies and everyone is happy dancing to the same music and enjoying the beach sunsets. Feel the magic of the most magnetic spot in the world at the rock of Es Vedrá! Everytime you see it you can make a wish 😉
HOW TO GET HERE:
You will find there are many direct flights to Ibiza from anywhere in the world. In the case there is no direct flights from your city I suggest you fly to Barcelona and from there are flights almost every hour with Vueling or Ryanair. If you can choose flying other than Fridays or Sundays even better to avoid the famous summer delays.
WHERE TO STAY:
Im going to give you some options on where to stay, hotels, villa/apartment or boat:
Nobu Ibiza Bay: Yes the new Nobu hotel is probably my number 1 choice. I love the decoration, the rooms are spacious with nice sea views and its close to the ‘Lio’ area where all the restaurants, clubs are. Also what is left to say, enjoy Nobu sushi by the pool, what else?
La Torre Del Canonigo: A super luxury 5 star hotel located at the Dalt Vila old town in Ibiza. Perfect for when you want to be close to the party scene but also disconnected from all. Very relaxed and chill. The restaurant Kyupiddo has one of the best views in the island.
Atzaro: I recommend coming to Aztaro as a getaway from the world. Everytime I come to this hotel I feel peace. Surrounded by nature, the Atzaro hotel is probably one of the most beautiful locations in the island of ibiza. They have a fantastic spa with a wide range of massage treatments. Take care of mind, body and soul.
Destino Hotel: One of my favourite resorts in the island. Stay here if you want a cool hotel with the super nice pool perfect to chill during the day and take great instapics 😉 They also have pool parties with the best djs! The benefits of this hotel are that is belongs to the pacha group so it will make it easier for reservations in Lio, Pacha etc
Gran Hotel: Located in the heart of Marina Ibiza, this luxury hotel is perfect when you want to go out in Ibiza and walk everywhere. Next to the best hotels and clubs. It also has a big pool.
Pacha Hotel: It has always been one of my favourites, the rooms are big and its ideally located in front of Pacha, and next to all the restaurants, in case you feel like having “one drink” there 😉 It has a very small pool but since its part of the Pacha group you have access to the Destino pool.
Rent a villa/apartment: If you are getting an apartment, do it around Marina Ibiza/Botafoch area, so you are in the best location to walk everywhere. I stayed at one of Ibiza Luxury apartments with my friend Judith, located in Marina Ibiza, the perfect choice to move around. Also we had the best views to the Marina! You know who is staying in the same building? Paris Hilton!
If you are getting a Villa, try to get it close to Marina Ibiza, I suggest you take the restaurant Lio as a base point of what is the center of where you want to be. Also, very cool urbanizations to look for villas are Roca LLisa and Vista Alegre, I would avoid the northern part of the island as it gets a bit far from the best places!
Finally the third and one of the best options to make the most out of the island is to stay on a boat. Rent one with Charter and Dreams and explore the magic places the sea of Ibiza has to offer. It is ideal to sail away to spend the day in Formentera (read post or see video) and come back in time for a little party at night!
WHAT TO DO:
Ibiza is an island where entertainment and paradise go hand in hand.
Spend the day in a beautiful beach, my top recommended are: Es Cavallet, Cala Jondal, Cala d’Hort, Cala Salada and Cala Vadella.
Walk around Ibiza town and see all the little shops, you will find the coolest designers and fun stores. A top shop for decortation and all the crazy things you can imagine (they even have voodoo dolls ) is called Sluiz.
Visit Dalt Vila, which is the old part of Ibiza town , a little mountain at the sea, where you will get wonderful panoramic views of the island and there are many little streets and cute restaurants and shops.
Walk around Marina Ibiza and have a drink/aperitivo at Cappuccino! Perfect place to chill and people watch with the best views to the marina and all the boats and Ibiza town!
PARTIES YOU MUST ATTEND:
J Balvin at Pacha: Can you imagine a club like pacha turned into a reggaeton concert club party? My new favourite ever party in the world!! Had soooo much fun im planning to go back on Tuesdays just for this party. Definitely must go amigos.
– Flower Power at Pacha: Bring out the hippy inside you! Dress up with flowers, sunglasses, 60’s dress code and join the peace and love tunes to the most fun party in the island! All you need is love 😉 Now on Wednesday!!!
– Solomun at Pacha Sunday: Well this is one of the most happening parties in the island so you can see what the real Ibiza music and why it is worldwide famous!
– David Guetta at Ushuaia: Ushuaia is one of the clubs one must come to see. Nowhere in the world will you find such an open air pool party also hotel, with the best djs in the world and spectacular live shows! The big party is on mondays!
– Lio Fridays: Sebastian Gamboa the local dj from the island mixing old tunes to modern house music! My favourite party!!! <3
– Maluma on privilege! Can you imagine? I haven’t been there but i’m planning to go soon!
– Private parties: The island is full of private Villa parties and these happen to be the best ones!
TOP BEACH/DAY RESTAURANTS:
– Beso Beach Ibiza: The new addition to the Beso beach family located at the beautiful Salinas beach. The beach views, the good vibes and the fun dj playing from pop to reggeaton will have you dancing on the tables half way of the paella!
– La Escollera: Situated at the amazing beach of Es Cavallet, very close to Ibiza. This Beach club is one of the most glamorous ones. The service is super and the location is totally paradisiac. Try here one of the fresh fish of the day, I had the most delicious fish called Gallo San Pedro!
– Es Boldado: Located in the beautiful Cala D’Hort, with the best views to the Es Vedrá magic island. This restaurant is a MUST! Here I had one of the best paellas ever and believe me I am an expert cause I always go to Can Solé in Barcelona which is number one paella place in the world, and to find a restaurant up to its level is very hard!
– Blue Marlin: This one its one of the classics, located in Cala Jondal, I always had a great time here. Tan by the sunbeds order juices, later rosé and enjoy life! Perfect choice if you come on Sundays cause its the biggest party day.
– Experimental Beach: Very cool beach club located on what used to be Cap des Falco, very trendy this year, they are specialized in cocktails and grilled fish. It is also a perfect choice for watching the sunset!
TOP NIGHT RESTAURANTS:
Las dos Lunas: My recent discovery and now my top 1 in the island. This is probably one of the most beautiful restaurants in Ibiza and the food is italian on another level. The top dishes you should order here are the vitello tonnato and scaloppine al limone. The other night I had dinner here and Johnny Depp was also at the restaurant with an Arab prince. They requested a private flamenco singing show in the restaurant that was top top!
Lio: The most fun restaurant in the world. Dining here is a unique experience, the best live shows will bring a bit of broadway to the island. Dinner here is probably a must and then the restaurant turns into a club.
Cas Pages: A hidden restaurant for locals only, quite informal, an old farm house in the middle of the island turned into a traditional restaurant. I suggest you visit this restaurant that makes the best steak in the island. Order the Chuleton (steak) and the meat empanadas. We caught a rainy day in Ibiza and decided the best option to spend the day was coming for lunch to this cozy restaurant! You know Esther Cañadas the super famous spanish top model ? She also had the same idea! Atention, they do not accept credit cards here!
Cipriani Downtown: Also a classic, there are many Ciprianis around the world and Ibiza is my second favourite after the one in downtown NYC. Located Next to Pacha it is very convenient as well if you are staying around the area! Order any pasta and it will be a great choice or the famous Harrys Bar style carpaccio !
La Trattoria del Mar: Always great to have dinner here with the best views of Marina Botafoch (used to be the IT port before they made Marina Ibiza famous with the new restaurants etc) Have amazing pasta, the rigattoni with mozzarella and tomato are my favourite.
Balafia: I am sure you haven’t heard of this one. I discovered this hidden gem thanks to my local friend Jon. This is one of the restaurants off the Ibiza guides. Have dinner at the beautiful patio surrounded by lemon trees. The food here is simple, a great selection of meats, order the tomato salad and the lamb chops with handmade french fries.
Pinocho: The best pizzas in Ibiza town. Super famous restaurant best known for locals only. We always come here after the party at Ushuaia that ends about midnight to charge batteries! Like a pit stop! You may then continue to Lio or Pacha 🙂
La Paloma: Also one of the most beautiful villa-restaurants you will find in the island. Enjoy a candle lit dinner at the garden with the best Mediterranean cuisine. They change the menu every week depending on the local products available at the moment and what they grow in their own vegetable garden.
Can Bass: Top new place with delicious food perfect to share in a big group. Must try the hummus, the guacamole and the tartar!
The best advice I will give you is that you come to Ibiza during the openings in May or the closings in September! These parties are without doubt the most fun of the year and with the best people!!!
See you in Ibiza!!!